Thursday, October 11, 2012

Wagon Wheel

"Hey, mama, rock me."


I will forever be inspired by the sounds of a banjo and light drums. Bass barely playing in the background; just enough for your foot to tap to its beat.

Maybe it's my down-home roots; I love the music stylin's of the folk-ish bands.

Here's a few of my favorites:
Disclaimer: Not all of these are "folky," some of them are just awesome.

1) Wagon Wheel - Old Crowe Medicine Show
"Headed down South to the land of the pine,
thumbin my way into North Caroline.
Starin at the road, pray to God I see headlights."
2)  Kickdrum Heart - The Avett Brothers
"There's nothing like finding gold,
within the rocks hard and cold,
I'm so surprised to find more. Always surprised to find more."

3)  Little Lion Man - Mumford and Sons
"Weep for yourself, my man.
You'll never be what is in your heart.
Weep little lion man,
you're not as brave as you were at the start."
 
4) Home Is Wherever I'm With You - Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros
"Alabama, Arkansas, I sure do love my ma and pa.
Not the way that I do love you.
Holy moly, me oh my, you're the apple of my eye.
Girl, I've never loved one like you."

5) Sail - Awolnation  (not folky, just ear-gasmic..)
"This is how an angel dies,
I blame it on my own sick pride.
Blame it on my A.D.D baby.
Sail."

No comments:

Post a Comment